History & Lifestyle
The community of Coldbrook, Nova Scotia has a deep forestry and agricultural history. Dating back the the early 1900’s the town was home to many lumber mills as land was cleared for the settling farmers snd fruit growers in the area.
Today, Coldbrook still has deep ties to agriculture. Scotian Gold , a grower-owned tree fruit cooperative, is owned by more than 30 apple grower members. Scotian Gold represents 50 percent of the apple production in Nova Scotia, and is the largest apple packing and storage operation in all of Eastern Canada.
While agricultural is still a very important industry in Coldbrook, the town has quickly grown into a commercial hub in the center of the Annapolis Valley. The Michelin tire plant employees over 1000 Nova Scotians and is located in a small town just outside of Coldbrook. The Coldbrook industrial park is home to many Valley trades businesses, as well as car dealerships. The neighbouring Canadian forces base in Greenwood is also a large employer of Coldbrook residents.
With a population increase since of over 90% since 1986, Coldbrook is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing areas in the Annapolis Valley. Coldbrook is also becoming a destination for commercial goods as the town centre continues to expand.
Here are some of the local amenities Coldbrook has to offer:
- Restaurants – Within Coldbrook, you’ll find amazing amazing restaurants and eateries serving up local food such as Callister’s County Kitchen and Viki’s Restaurant. If you are in a hurry Coldbrook is also home to an amazing Pizza shop, as well as several fast food establishments such as McDonalds and Wendy’s.
- Shops – Coldbrook has an industrial park where people from all over the Valley travel to for industrial goods as well as automobiles. Coldbrook is also home to many unique shops, farmers markets, and boutiques, as well as chain grocery stores and drug marts – all the shopping amenities you could ever need!
- Schools – The Coldbrook & District School is located in town and ranges from primary to grade 8 students. After grade 8 students attend the local high school, Central Kings, which has approximately 750 high school students and is located in the neighbouring town Cambridge Station (a 5 minute drive from town).
- Recreation and Active Living – The town of Coldbrook offers many opportunities for fitness and recreation for adults and children of all fitness levels and ages. Besides the amazing parks and hiking trails, Coldbrook is home to the Annapolis Valley Rugby Club, as well as the minor football teams for the Annapolis Valley. Coldbrook also has a driving range so you can shore up your game before heading out to one of the local golf courses.
- Provincial Park – Coldbrook is also the home of a provincial park. Coldbrook Provincial Park is a small day use picnic park situated under a canopy of red and white pines. Bring your picnic basket, go to the local store or pick up something from the nearby fast food outlets!
- Hobby Horse Farm – Located in Coldbrook, this 700 acre privately owned stable continues to welcome the public since it was established in its present location by George Wade in 1969.
- Transportation – You can find Coldbrook, Nova Scotia just off Highway 101, only 70 minutes from Halifax and is accessible by Kings Transit.
Buying a Home in Coldbrook, Nova Scotia
Wether you are looking for your first family home or looking to retire on a hobby farm, Coldbrook is filled with both historic and modern properties to help meet your lifestyle and budget. There are also a few new subdivision developments underway in Coldbrook, Nova Scotia. The Annapolis Valley Real Estate Group can help you find the perfect home for you and your family in Coldbrook, or the town of your choice in the Annapolis Valley. We can provide you with in-depth property details on Coldbrook Real Estate, point out desirable features you may not notice, and identify potential concerns you may have overlooked.
As your REALTOR®, we are by your side every step of the way. When you find a home you want, we’ll prepare and present the offer, and negotiate skillfully on your behalf, so you get that property at the lowest price possible.
Below you’ll find some of our most recent properties for sale in Coldbook. Visit our featured listings page for more!
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Real Estate
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.