History & Lifestyle
Around 1680, Wolfville and nearby Grand Pré became home to Acadians who skilfully constructed dykes to hold back the waters of the Minas Basin, creating rich pastures for livestock and fertile fields for crops.
Today, Wolfville is a welcoming university town, home to Acadia University. It has been declared Canada’s first Fair Trade Town for its commitment to fair trade coffees, teas, and produce. With local award-winning vineyards, restaurants committed to local products and busy farmers’ markets, Wolfville is a popular destination in Nova Scotia for tourists and newcomers.
Wolfville’s rich history is highlighted in the beautiful Victorian style homes through Main street but also features many modern homes and properties in newly developed communities such as Stone Gate and Woodman’s Groove.
Wolfville is filled with things to do and places to see with new shops and restaurants rapidly expanding the town. Since Wolfville is located next to the Minas Basin, the dykes and nearby parks have excellent walking/hiking trails that can be enjoyed during most of the year. Here are some of the local amenities Wolfville has to offer:
- Restaurants – Within Wolfville, you’ll find local breweries such as Paddy’s Pub, Mediterranean Cusine at Troy, and everything in-between. With over 15 restaurants and more to come, you’ll never have to leave to find something new and exciting.
- Farmers’ Markets – Experience the abundance of the community with its creative and hard-working people, all in one place. The Wolfville Farm Markets is open twice a week and is home to dozens of vendors whose hands have grown or created thousands of products.
- Shops – The charm of downtown Wolfville allows you to explore the local shops as you walk down Main street. Grab a coffee at one of the fair trade cafes and visit distinctive and memorable boutique stores offering everything from fashion to outdoors equipment to souvenirs.
- Schools – During the school year, Wolfville is buzzing with young and diverse students from all over the world attending Acadia University. While known for the university, Wolfville is also home to many families with children of all ages attending the local Wolfville School, for the primary and middle grades, or the nearby Horton High School located in Greenwich.
- Recreation and Active Living – Wolfville offers fitness and recreation opportunities for adults and children of all fitness levels and ages. Whether you’re looking for an organized sport to join, or simply a casual way to have fun and stay active, Wolfville has something for everyone.
- Transportation – You can find Wolfville along Highway 1, which is connected to Highway 101 at two exits approximately 4 kilometres east or west of the town. Wolfville is also approximately an hour’s drive from Halifax International Airport and Halifax, Atlantic Canada’s largest city.
Buying a Home in Wolfville
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, is filled with both historic and new properties to help meet your lifestyle and budget. The Annapolis Valley Real Estate Group can help you find the perfect home for you and your family in Wolfville or the town of your choice in the Annapolis Valley. We can provide you with in-depth property details on Wolfville Real Estate, point out desirable features you may not notice and identify potential concerns you may have overlooked.
As your REALTOR®, we are by your side every step of the way. When you find a home you want, we’ll prepare and present the offer, and negotiate skillfully on your behalf, so you get that property at the lowest price possible.
Below you’ll find some of our most recent properties for sale in Wolfville. Visit our featured listings page for more!
Wolfville Real Estate
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.